The Doctor's Museum was at one time the office of the first resident dentist in Lafayette, Dr. Hypolite Salles. Built in 1890 of cypress, the architecture reflects the Greek revival influence. The original cypress shingles are still on the structure beneath the corrugated tin roof. The tin roof was added as protection following a devastating fire at the Lacoste Hardware Store which stood on Jefferson Street between 1910 and 1920.
A collection of period furnishings, medical and dental instruments, bottled medicines, and powders popular at the time are displayed throughout the three-room structure. There are also medical books and diplomas of area physicians of the late 19th and early 20th century.